Monday, July 31, 2006

Girls Night Out

I ventured out to an uptown patio on Friday to enjoy a girls night out.

The occassion?

A birthday party for a 'new friend'. The invitation? "Please bring along whoever you'd like. Your friends are my friends." And so I did.

(I really liked the invitation to friends. The idea that you value your friends so much that everyone that is an extension of that person is valued as well. There are no fears, no lines, so insecurities.)

So there we all are -- a group of mostly mothers hanging out on the patio, drinking. I had enjoyed two vodka-infused beverages prior to leaving. And, as we sat there talking, I enjoyed two more.

Later - as we walked to the car and I was flipping and flopping all over in my sandals my friend said "Are you drunk?" And I just walked along taking in the night and watching all the misguided youth smoking outside of the bars with a big smile on my face thinking Yes. Yes I kind of am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Drunk? What is this thing they call drunk?