Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Scarred for life...

I've committed my first heinous act as a mother and quite possibly scarred my daughter for life.

Evelyn's attention span is improving each day. Lately, she's been able to watch larger portions of movies, and finds great pleasure in the funny voices, music, and movement. In particular, she's developed a fondness for Madagascar. While I think it's a great film, and have enjoyed it's silly innuendos directed at adult audiences, I was ready to add another option to our film library.

I picked Shrek.

She wasn't ready.

She stared in ABSOLUTE terror at the TV, and, while on the brink of tears, couldn't bring herself to tear her eyes away from the great beast for what felt like an eternity (but was about 20 seconds). Then, she actually left the room.

I never want to see that look on her face again.

The movie has been 'put away' until such a time when it's more age appropriate. Although, I don't know that I'll have the courage to show it to her again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just cursed loudly, woke up Kate and made her cry.

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»