Friday, May 05, 2006

Slapstick (to the face)













I was in the shower this morning when I started thinking about Kurt Vonnegut's novel Slapstick. I read it over 5 years ago, and although it touched me at the time, it has a different meaning now. It's funny how people you barely know can treat you with more kindness than your own family sometimes.

Of course I've treated people poorly in the past, but I also own up to my mistakes and try to compensate for bad behaviour.

I find it odd how some people react to those of us who REALLY behave in accordance with our own personal morals. They get angry, and wonder what your problem is. I think when you believe in something and apply it to your life, it's something to admire (as long as it isn't destructive to yourself or others).

No comments: