Monday, September 18, 2006

So hard to say no to cheap chocolate

I am sitting here at my desk waiting for some feedback before I can continue with work. All I can think about are the 50 cent chocolate bars in the office kitchen, and why there is no 'cent' symbol on my keyboard. I realize these days, most things cost at least ONE $, and that the 'cent' key probably wouldn't be used all that often, but come on, it just doesn't LOOK the same when I spell out 'cent'.

Apparantly there IS a keyboard shortcut for 'cent' but it isn't working for me.

So - today I hate that fact that I don't have access to a 'cent' symbol, and the fact that a lot of people abuse IM acronyms to the point of ridiculous. Because I mean...really, if you laughed your ass off that many times in the span of one IM conversation you'd be so busy trying to put it back on, you wouldn't have time to type.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I usually just inject my $0.02 in this way... :)

Anonymous said...

I assure you that I whenever I write LOL, I ACTUALLY laughed out loud. I can't help it if you're funny. I actually LOL when people use LMAO because I think it's funny, but yes, I agree it's irritating when used too much. What could possibly be THAT funny? And I too find it annoying that there is no cent symbol, have often pondered why myself....