Monday, November 06, 2006

There's nothing quite as appetizing as this...

So. Cory is upstairs putting Evelyn to bed and I decide to take a moment to download pictures from the new and improved camera. I hear this bang bang bang on the door that makes me kind of afraid to go and look to see who it is - because you know, we have a doorbell and IT didn't ring. SO I peek around the corner and see the neighbour's dog, so figure it's safe to answer the door.

It IS the neighbour. Standing out there, at the god-forsaken hour of 9pm, wielding two zip lock bags in each of which resides a thawed bloody roast.

"Want to buy some meat? A friend of mine got a deal! Catch is...you can't refreeze it".

Ummm yeah. I want to buy some meat. I also want want to spend the next week glued to the toilet with my head in a bucket puking my guts out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA. G and I are killing ourselves laughing over here. Ew... that's a new one in neighbourlyness!

Anya_5 said...

Yes. It sparked an in-depth discussion between Cory and I on who we would 'trust' meat from and who we wouldn't. It's a new system of rating people we know..."Well...would you take a bag of thawed bloddy meat from them?"

Anonymous said...

"Wanna buy some meat". Hmm. That's just... really surreal.

Anonymous said...

Seriously?! (if you say that one word in many different tones of voice, such as shock, questioning, amusement, disgust etc etc) it pretty much covers everything I felt when I read your blog. And now I ask you, would you take a bag of thawed bloody meat from me?

Anya_5 said...

Yes Megan - I would.

Jennifer said...

As tempting as I'm sure it was for you, I think you made the right choice in refusing the most neighbourly offering. Wow. There are some weird people out there. And you have the privilege of being neighbours with one of them. Lucky you.